Welcome To My Blog

Monday 25 July 2011

de' bling... bling....



Welcome

Just created a blog for fun to share my recent activities, beads and design.  I have to thank Nadia for helping me to create this blog as the idea of creating this blog came from her.  Thanks Nadia....
    
My journey on beads started from this dress.  This dress bought fame to me and Kak Nun was my 1st customer.   In fact my beading started in 1995 when I won the 1st prize in a beading contest organised by PUSPANITA Jab. Akauntan Negara Malaysa (JANM).  To participate in that contest Kasuma offered me her dress and that was the first time I am stitching beads on a dress.  I was surprise when I won the 1st prize.  Later I have to represent JANM at PUSPANITA Ministry of Finance.  There I was given a piece of  black cloth and within an hour I have to sew beads on it.  Then again, I never thought that I will win the 1st prize.  Not many knew about it, actually it started from then but not at a big scale.

Puan Farawati wanted this design to be stitched on her dress.  This dress is to be worn on her in-laws wedding and it is the theme colour.  I made slight modification by adding stones, beads and sequins matching the dress.  Being a sweet looking lady, she look much more sweeter with this dress on her.
 
This design was sewn at the request of Puan Azira.  The design originated from a boutique that stitches all her baju kurung.  She wanted the same design and gave me the sample.  I made slight changes on the design, used expensive stones, beads and glass pearls.  It was lovely.  Puan Azira looked very gorgeous on this dress not only because of my beadwork, she herself is a very pretty looking lady.

Nana de-kutest modelling Baju Puan Azira.....  Comel kan!
       

My punjabi dress, stitched by a Pakistan tailor at City One Plaza, Masjid India.  I did not like the plain green cloth stitch on the neck and the sleeve.  I was terribly cracking my head how to go about it.  Then I had an idea of stitching the beads around the neck and the sleeve.  Not bad ....... !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment